Your use of this Website
Purpose of this Website
This Website is a resource for information about the little known and under recognized fat disorder, lipedema, and for the documentary film ‘The Disease They Call FAT’ (‘Film’). This Website is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and neither the Film nor this Website encourages replacing such professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should seek the advice of an appropriately qualified healthcare professional before making decisions about your own circumstances notwithstanding the Film and/or this Website, especially before starting or changing any treatment.
Ownership of Material on this Website
You may be required or allowed to create a user account (‘Account’) before you can access certain Material or submit material yourself. You must provide complete and accurate information when creating an Account. You cannot use another person’s Account and must immediately notify us of unauthorized use of your Account. You must be 18 years of age or over to create an Account.
This Website may allow you and other users to submit your own content (‘User Content’). You must be 18 years of age or over to submit User Content. By submitting User Content, you automatically grant Lipedema Project, LLC dba The Lipedema Project a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable right and license to edit, adapt, modify and change that User Content in any manner and to reproduce and use it in any manner and in any media (whether now known or later devised) throughout the world in perpetuity. You consent to Lipedema Project, LLC dba The Lipedema Project doing any act or omitting to do any act comprised in any or all of your ‘moral rights’ in any User Content you submit.
You must not submit any User Content which:
- is threatening, harmful, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, sexually explicit, profane, indecent, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable or false, misleading or deceptive;
- you do not own or do not have the right to reproduce or that violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person;
- features any photo, image or name of any person unless you have the person’s written consent;
- impersonates any person or entity or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- breaches any law or advocates any illegal activity;
- contains a virus or corrupted data or that interferes with the proper functionality of this Website; or
- advertises or solicits money, goods or services.
You are encouraged to notify Lipedema Project, LLC dba The Lipedema Project of inappropriate or illegal User Content but Lipedema Project, LLC dba The Lipedema Project is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such User Content.
Although every effort has been made by Lipedema Project, LLC dba The Lipedema Project to ensure that the information on this Website is accurate and safe, the content of this Website has been prepared from data, statistics, research and opinions from third parties. Lipedema Project, LLC dba The Lipedema Project does not accept liability for, endorse, recommend, promote, warrant or make any representations regarding the accuracy, reliability, suitability, completeness, currency, use, benefits, risks or the results of any aspect of, or information on, this Website, including but not limited to:
- the Material;
- User Content;
- the content of other websites, to which this Website provides links; and
- any goods and/or services, which are referred to or promoted on this Website.
Lipedema Project, LLC dba The Lipedema Project does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, medical practitioners, products, procedures, opinions or other information that may be mentioned on this Website as being appropriate for you. In addition, the nature of medical research means that accepted research may be overturned or changed. Always
Limitation of Liability
Any persons accessing and using this Website should exercise their own care, skill and diligence with respect to the use of the content on this Website. Reliance on or use of any content of this Website is solely at the user’s own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Lipedema Project, LLC dba The Lipedema Project (and its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and representatives) excludes all guarantees, conditions and warranties (express and implied) of any kind, including, but not limited to, any warranty that:
- the Material and User Content is accurate, reliable, current, beneficial or safe;
- your access to the Material and/or Website will be uninterrupted or error-free whether by way of accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise;
- the Material and/or Website is free of viruses, defects or harmful components,
whether or not the loss, injury or damage is due to, or attributable to the act, neglect or omission of any one or more of the above entities or people. Lipedema Project, LLC dba The Lipedema Project will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or loss arising from any use of (or inability to use) this Website and/or Material.
Where, by law, including by operation of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, Lipedema Project, LLC dba The Lipedema Project is not able to exclude certain guarantees, conditions and warranties, they will continue to apply.
Lipedema Project, LLC dba The Lipedema Project makes no representation that the Material on this Website is appropriate or available for use in locations other than the United States of America. Users outside USA access this Website at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.